Saturday, April 17, 2010

Phew... six months down!

Everyone says time goes fast with a baby, and it does... kind of.... My sister said it best: "the days are long but the years go fast". That's definitely true on those days when all Jack wants is ME. But I wouldn't have it any other way. He is my little shadow and brings me so much joy.

This month marked six months and he is still alive and thriving in my care:) He is growing so much. On our last doctor's visit he was 27" long and 16 lbs. Way to go buds you doubled your weight from birth and grew almost 7 inches!

This is what Jack's been up to lately.

He likes to play with Sarah and Rachel (and a neighborhood kid happens to be in this shot).


He gnaws on everything he can grab!


He likes to play the piano. He may just be a prodigy... you never know!


He likes to watch us clean house... vacuuming and loading/unloading the dishwasher can entertain him for a very long time. (the pink excersaucer is a hand-me-down)


The kid loves to eat... surprised he's only 16 lbs.


And he loves his scooter... even if he just sits on it and plays with the toys.


And maybe one day he'll actually have some interest in crawling. At this point I would be happy if he just showed more interest in rolling around, but for now he just scoots around on his back until he hits something and can't scoot anymore. But it is the small steps; at least he doesn't throw a fit the minute he is placed on his tummy anymore!


Really Jack brings his family so much joy. He has a funny personality that makes everyone smile when he's around. He loves to cuddle and give big wet kisses all over your face, and his giggles and screams of delight make us all laugh. We're so happy he is here!


3 comments:

  1. I miss that kid!! Growing up everyday. Good job Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he's 6 months already! Where has the time gone? I've been thinking about you lately and wondered how you were holding up without your other half. You really are a trooper being a single mom - I've had a taste of that lately with Dax traveling so much, and it is not pretty! Keep up the good work, you're making the rest of us look bad!

    And I'm glad to know that the exersaucer was a hand-me-down, although he looks cute in pink!

    ReplyDelete