We finally moved into our home on December 5th--just in time to get into the holiday spirit. For me it was hard to feel the peace and joy of Christmas this year. I was so grateful for everything I had, but the stress and chaos of our lives was a bit overwhelming. Since we had just traveled east to west and west to east, we decided to stay put for Christmas and enjoy being with one another. Our friends the Balls and the Gordons all were in town for Christmas as well so we got together for Christmas dinner.
On Christmas Eve we took Jack to a Merry Madagascar event at one of the conference centers in DC. It was a very commercial event and both Jared and I commented on how we missed being with family and reading the Christmas story. Next year. We did have a good time though... Jack LOVED all the animals and the ice sculptures were amazing.
This is Jack sliding down the ice slide by himself. I couldn't get the video to upload:( It was pretty cool.
On Christmas day, we enjoyed cinnamon rolls, shortened church, and exchanging gifts. Jack did so well waiting to open his gifts. And he LOVED playing doctor with his dinosaurs.
No comments:
Post a Comment