This year I was able to spend memorial day in Bremerton like I did every year growing up. My aunt Beverly is buried in a predominantly military cemetery and so each memorial day there is a ceremony that we like to eves drop on... mainly to hear the Twenty-one Gun Salute and Taps. It's always a race to get up there in the morning and then we spend a few minutes cleaning Beverly headstone and decorating with flowers. Because I'm from the great Northwest I've never really known why people associate Memorial day with BBQs... as you can see from the pictures it was wet and cold. (Jack did not enjoy the cold rainy weather.) So instead of a BBQ, we always opt for a great lunch inside a warm restaurant.
Sounds like the weather up there is just as nasty as it is here. I am ready for some sun!! Looks like you had a nice time with your family. Can't wait for you to come!
ReplyDelete